Thursday 17 November 2011

Latest CTS Placement Paper September 2011 Kolkata

At first the cognizant people came to the college,gave the pre placement talk.Then started the aptitude exam.
There was two part in the paper ----1st part is Verbal and 2nd part is Analytical.
Question was not so easy.You should practice properly specially the verbal part.
322 selected from 340 in the aptitude test .
After a long wait my name was called for the interview.I was lil' bit tensed because that was the 1st interview in my life.Hopefully my HR was a very good person after entering in the interview room-
HR:Sit down
me:thank you sir.
HR:He asked for the CV and look it properly.asked some common question from CV about hobby,achievements
me: answered properly
HR:Then he asked except this(which was written in my hobby) what can u do?
me: bla bla
HR:which is your preferable language
me:java
HR:what are the properties of oops
me:told
HR:gave me a situation about inheritence (cat and dog has some properties,implement this in inheritence) and then he asked me to write the code
me:properly done
HR:what is polymorphism?then overloading,overriding,run time polymorphism
me:told
HR:then he asked do u know non linear datastructure?
me:told about tree,different types of trees
HR:asked about level,height,node,edge,b tree,b+ tree
me:told
HR:told me to do a quick sort of some no.s
me:I just told the algorithm,i didn't do the sorting.
HR:what is the best and worst case of bubble sort
me:told ,he looked satisfied
HR:Tell me something about your project
me:told
HR:so at the back end u r going to use dbms?
me:yes
HR:what is candidate key,unique key?
me:told
HR:give me a table asked me to write a query (it was pretty tough)
me:I wrote a code and show him
HR:This is not my question told the question properly
me:again write the code and show him ,he looked satisfied
HR:then he asked me why cognizant?
me: told
HR:r u rellocating?
me:yes
HR:souvik,do u have any query about cognizant?
me:asked 4 questions(prepare some questions)
HR:gave the answers.
Don't be nervous.Whatever comes in your mind just tell,don't miss a single question.Almost every HR is a nice person.
Always use cognizant,don't use CTS.
I'm selected for cognizant.
I'm going to join in the next year.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search here for "Freshers Jobs"